How To Use The Case Study Method In Your Dissertation
Are you worried because you want to write a great dissertation to impress your professors? Do you think it is hard to follow the instructions by your teacher because she wants you to use the case study method? Are you new to this type of paper and have no idea of how to start? Do you need someone to help you write your paper using the case study method? Do you need to know the style, approach, and requirements for a case study?
The first thing you need to understand is the meaning of a case study. This means that you take a real case under your subject for example, if you are to write a dissertation on marketing, then you need to visit a business or organization on their physical location. You will need to conduct interviews with senior management, ask for permission to access their accounts, determine their allocated budget on marketing, understand and evaluate their target audience and behaviors and carry out first hand research to understand the ins and outs. A case study is different from theory because it involves practical aspects and other fluctuations that we ignore in the theoretical aspect.
This article talks about the steps you need to use in order to compose a winning case study in your dissertation
- The first step is to develop your focus of research and define the question you will address in your paper. You can develop this focus by creating questions regarding your provided situation.
- The second step in your case study is to design the process. You need to create a roadmap for the real life cases you will select and why you will choose them. You should also be able to explain different research methods you will adopt to collect and analyze your data.
- You need to develop a plan for collecting data because you will need huge data for this paper
- After you have a plan for the data collection, you can go ahead and collect your data in the field. Use the raw materials first and do not interpret any results unless you are complete with your research.
- The last step in your case study is to report your data in an easy way. You need to explain the results in such a way that it is easier for the readers to understand the data and interpretations.
An MBA creates careers for thousands of students every year. As the economic recovery leads global expansion, industry needs new managers and leaders.
Since management ties into every aspect of the organization, and as business demands to drive MBA programs to new technologies, methodologies, and approaches, the case study for MBA remains a core academic learning tool.
The case studies work two ways: you learn from doing it; and your contribution helps others appreciate the issue differently.
Here’s a list of 20 useful topics for your MBA case study:
- Wal-Mart: Target of High-Volume Litigation
- Texas’s Edwards Aquifer and Ownership and Use of Groundwater
- Social Media and B2B Sales
- Patent Infringement: Apple vs. Samsung
- Race Discrimination Alleged at McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants, Inc.
- New York Racing Association and EPA Compliant
- GTE Sylvania and the Freedom of Information Act
- The Emerging Cannabis Economy
- Starbucks: Selling Customer Experience
- Acquisition Strategy at Cisco Systems
- Proctor & Gamble: a Nurturing Corporate Culture
- B2B Sales Accelerators
- Practical Effect of Wellness Programs
- Blue Bell: How to Manage Crisis
- Coca-Cola’s Alliance with Duke University
- Building Business with Remote Workers
- Effects of Fair Trade Commerce
- GIGNA’s Withdrawal from Texas Insurance Market
- True Cost of Employee Turnover
- Best Practices in Talent Management
The case studies operate on several planes. There are the content and formatting, but there is also a presentational aspect. You should think of its potential as a formal or informal presentation.
For example, you need real interest and enthusiasm for the topic, perhaps because of personal experience with the company involved. If there is some challenge of sustaining that interest through the research, you can let it grow, just with some willingness.
It becomes easier, if the topic covers some higher values like ethics or culture. In this case, you may want to reveal a commitment to those values, as without the commitment, the study lacks authenticity.
The case study needs specific organizational goals as well, but, it is not something that you use in order to overwrite or bloat your piece. You have to stick to an organizational principle, usually the assigned one, to create a coherent work.
At the same time, you should show some initiative if you want to be perceived as managing the topic and leading to solutions.
Any case study needs some evidence. Data makes the best support details. Nevertheless, it should not weigh down the perception of the whole study, it can be appropriated to appendix, where it will not interfere with the flow of the analysis.
As we can see, it is quite important to pay much attention to the case study writing in order to create a masterpiece that will catch everyone. As you have to make a lot of to create a valuable piece, we have decided to help you with topics. Use the provided topics and get down to crafting the best paper ever.