Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.
Manager cover letter sample
Looking to score top management jobs? Use this guide to help you craft a top-notch cover letter.
Managers, use this guide to help you craft a top-notch cover letter.
A great manager needs a great cover letter. You need to convince recruiters that you've been successful at managing people or projects in the past, and that you'll bring the same gusto to their organization. Use the below sample to guide you as you write your cover letter.
Additionally, you can search for management jobs on Monster.
1704 Maple Ave. | Sometown, IN 47250 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katy Smith
Director of Distribution Operations
2000 Industrial Ave.
Sometown, IN 47250
Re: Warehouse Manager (Job #: 5587), advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Smith:
I was intrigued when I found your warehouse manager job posting, as I know I could positively contribute to your operation. Since earning my promotion to warehouse manager for XYZ Company’s 35,000-square-foot distribution center three years ago, I have received consistent commendations for achieving gains in productivity, safety and efficiency—accomplished during a time of significant budget cuts.
Your warehouse operation would benefit from my proven success in:
- Launching 5S and other lean-manufacturing programs to elevate the efficiency and effectiveness of the distribution center.
- Overseeing inventory management, stock controls, pick/pack operations, and order processing for high-volume shipping and receiving operations.
- Supervising and scheduling unionized workforces of up to 20 employees per shift within a 24x7 environment.
- Upgrading SAP warehouse management systems to improve inventory management and distribution accuracy.
- Developing and leading training programs to improve employee productivity, job satisfaction and workplace morale.
- Accelerating order fulfillment to achieve a 28% reduction in order-processing time, which helped retain and grow business from key accounts.
I recently learned that my employer plans to close the Indianapolis distribution center later this year. It offered me a warehouse manager position at its Minneapolis site, but family responsibilities prevent me from relocating at this time.
If you agree that my qualifications perfectly match your requirements, please call me at (555) 555-5555 to arrange an interview. Thank you for considering my credentials, and I look forward to learning more about this exciting opportunity.
Put your cover letter to work
Once your cover letter is ready to go, it needs to be seen by as many eyes as possible for you to have the best chance of landing a management job. Could you use more help getting noticed by hiring managers? Join Monster today. As a member, you can upload up to five versions of your cover letter and resume—each tailored to the kinds of jobs that interest you. Recruiters search Monster every day looking for fresh management talent to fill the top jobs. Make sure you're on their radar.