Cosmetologist Cover Letter
Cosmetologists help clients improve their physical aspect by providing the following services: hairstyling, makeup application, hair removal, nail services, and others. Examples of Cosmetologist duties include: scheduling appointments, discussing requirements with clients, recommending and explaining procedures, providing cosmetology services, and collecting payments. Those operating their own businesses are also busy with promotional activities and attracting more customers.
A successful cover letter example for Cosmetologist should emphasize the following qualifications and abilities:
- Cosmetology expertise
- Aesthetic sense and creativity
- Customer service orientation
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Endurance and stamina
- Being available to work in shifts
- Good listening skills
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- The ability to select the right style for each client
Those interested in a Cosmetologist career can check relevant skills in the cover letter sample presented below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Cosmetologist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Duckett:
When I heard of your search for an experienced Cosmetologist to join your team at Ravendale Salon, I enthusiastically decided to submit my resume for your consideration. As an enthusiastic and dedicated professional with more than eight years of cosmetology experience, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your establishment in this role.
My background includes ensuring outstanding customer experiences while providing a range of beauty services including hairstyling, skin care treatments, hair removal, and nail care. In my previous positions, my comprehensive service to a diverse client base has resulted in a generous repeat customer base and significant profit growth. I am excited to extend my record of exceptional customer attention to your salon and stimulate optimal customer experiences. Additionally, please note that I am a successful graduate of the cosmetology-training program at Wallabash Beauty School.
Please consider the following highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Providing exceptional customer service while administering a full range of beauty treatments—including facials, manicures, pedicures, makeup application, and general styling—to build a loyal client base and generate maximum repeat and referral business.
- Building lasting relationships with clients by attentively assessing their needs and desires, recording allergies or health issues, ensuring first-rate cleanliness and sanitary environments, and offering customized beauty product and service recommendations.
- Demonstrating superior communication and interpersonal talents, along with a keen ability to consistently providing excellent levels of customer service.
With my experienced and credentials, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you, and am sure to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications with you further.
Joelle W. Ford
Dear Ms. Jones,
I am writing in response to Midtown Beauty Parlor and Salon’s advertisement for a cosmetologist. I worked for the past three years at Salon Ja’Pho until it recently closed for business. I have a certificate in cosmetology as well as a state license and I am highly skilled.
After Salon Ja’Pho went out of business, I have continued providing cosmetology services to my loyal clients out of my home. I have thirty regular clients for whom I provide hair-cutting, skin care, perming and coloring services. I work with each new client to help them determine the best cut and color for their individual face shape and hair type.
My clients are very loyal and will follow me to Midtown Beauty Parlor and Salon as regular customers. I have developed a reputation as an exceptional cosmetologist and I know I would build even more business. I have an excellent relationship with customers and an outgoing personality.
I would be a great addition as a cosmetologist at Midtown Beauty Salon and Parlor. I get along well with everyone and I have excellent skills with beauty and hairdressing treatment methods. I have attached my portfolio, resume and references and request that you call me.