Argumentative Essay and Persuasive Essay Writing: Building a Logical Argument
The argumentative essay, also called the persuasive essay, is an essay in which you try to convince readers to accept the argument you make. Through writing facts that back up your opinion or stance, you attempt to get readers to agree with your thinking. It often involves answering a question by taking one position over another.
Writing an argumentative or persuasive essay is about selecting a topic that has two clear sides or positions. You approach the topic by investigating it and collecting, generating and evaluating supporting evidence. The actual essay lays out your position concisely.
The building blocks of a well-written argumentative essay include the following:
- Well-established facts supported through research when necessary
- Values that are both relevant and clarified to give your readers perspective
- An argument that is sequenced by the priority of facts and the level of importance
- Conclusions formed throughout the paper and stated at the end
- Persuasion that establishes facts your readers agree with and values they share
- Confidence to communicate effectively with persuasion
- Inclusion of hot-button issues that evoke an emotional response
The structure of an argumentative or persuasive essay includes the following sections:
- An introduction with a clear thesis statement
- At least two body paragraphs with supporting evidence (the five-paragraph essay format is often used)
- A conclusion the ties the evidence in with the thesis statement and concludes the argument
Argumentative essay structure
The structure of an argumentative essay is important because it lays out the specifics and evidence of your argument and allows you to conclude it effectively. Before writing, make sure you have a narrow and clearly defined thesis, a working outline and the facts to back up your argument.
The introduction of the argumentative essay should do several things:
- Provide background information and introduce your topic
- Explain your point of view to readers by highlighting the importance of the topic or the reason readers should care
- Include a well-defined, concise and clear thesis that highlights at least two main points, with three preferable
- Stay engaging to make readers want to continue reading your essay
- Contain a transition into the body paragraphs
- Create an attention-grabbing lead into the argument
The body paragraphs contain the supporting evidence that backs up your position. The opposing positions should also be clearly stated and defined. Keep the following guidelines in mind when writing your body paragraphs:
- Stick to one main point per paragraph.
- Make sure to establish a logical connection to the thesis statement in each paragraph.
- Explain the connections to the thesis with respect to how and why.
- Devote at least one paragraph to the opposing viewpoint.
- Use evidence to support your points.
- Keep in mind that sources provide authority to your position, and cite any sources used.
- Avoid summarizing information because body paragraphs develop the ideas, not conclude them.
The evidence that supports your thesis statement might include facts, personal anecdotes, statistics or logic.
The conclusion re-introduces the thesis, but it is more than a simple rewording. Instead, it involves synthesizing the evidence from the body paragraphs with the thesis statement. Never add new information in your conclusion. Review the essay as a whole while clearly concluding the argument persuasively. This is your last chance to convince someone of your position, so make it count by using sound logic.
Including the opposing view in the argumentative or persuasive essay
Including the opposing view(s) in the body paragraphs of an argumentative essay is necessary. You want readers to draw the same conclusions you do, but you cannot in good conscience expect someone to take a position without at least some understanding of the opposing viewpoint. When including this information, shy away from simply stating that the position is wrong. Instead, explain why the position does not align with your thesis. Maybe the basis of the viewpoint is outdated. Maybe it is a viewpoint that is based on misinformation.
Whatever it is, present the opposing viewpoint fairly, objectively and accurately. Let readers draw their own conclusions; if you write a strong and convincing argument that is well-written and easy to follow logically, you can persuade your readers with open minds to see your viewpoint.
After writing your first draft, always go through the revision process, including proofreading and editing. The basic premise of writing an effective argumentative essay is in writing a persuasive and logical argument, so make a complete argument. With one, your essay’s intent or argument stays clear to readers. As a final note, follow any specific instructions you receive with the assignment, including writing under official style guides.
Why would you need a reword essay generator?
We reword essays and other documents for a huge variety of reasons from making them easier to read and more understandable to just ensuring that they will not trigger a copied content penalty online. However rewording is not an easy task at all; most people really struggle for a long time with this difficult writing. This is why many people would like to use a rewrite my essay generator; a reword essay generator will take what you write and change the wording to provide a new unique essay.
How does a reword essay generator work?
Many online companies will use software to provide you with rewriting with a reword my essay generator. The problem is that these pieces of software are not that reliable; they work by changing each word or short phrase in turn for a synonym. However many words have multiple meanings and the software is not able to check the meaning that you are using so often these software programs will turn out complete garbage that will not reflect the original meaning of the essay. Our reword essay generator is a human expert; only a human being can truly understand and rewrite an essay so that it makes sense. If you don’t care what the essay says then use software, but if you need something that is readable and makes sense then you need to use a person to do your rewriting.
Our rewriting staff will reword you essay
We employ the very best rewriters that you will find online. All of our writers hold higher degrees and work in the areas in which they are qualified. This means that your essay will be rewritten by someone that is qualified in its subject thus ensuring that they fully understand the original essay and can preserve the full meaning. Our expert writers will ensure that your essay is rewritten in the format that you require and targeted towards your audience.
We provide a full satisfaction guarantee with our rewording
Our service is carefully designed to ensure that we will provide you with full satisfaction whenever you need our services. Our service provides you with:
24/7 online support
Easy to use ordering process with clear pricing
Free proofreading on all reworded essays and other documents
Free plagiarism checking so you can be sure that your essay is unique
Full satisfaction money-back guarantee on all of our services
Guaranteed on time delivery in the format that you need
Try our human reword my essay generator to provide you with the very best rewording you will find online at a highly affordable price.